Mt Horeb Historium Writers Workshops Registration Now Open! 🌟

Destinee Udelhoven (destineekae@hotmail.com)
Sat, 2 Feb 2019 18:08:14 +0000

From: Destinee Udelhoven <destineekae@hotmail.com>
Subject: =?utf-8?B?TXQgSG9yZWIgSGlzdG9yaXVtIFdyaXRlcnMgV29ya3Nob3BzIFJlZ2lzdHJh?= =?utf-8?B?dGlvbiBOb3cgT3BlbiEg8J+Mnw==?=
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 18:08:14 +0000

For the Experienced, Novice-and Undiscovered!
[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/31adc7d2fb6e487916f8d1bec/images/0028c037-fdd9-4f91-933d-29065f680be1.png]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/31adc7d2fb6e487916f8d1bec/images/adeaced3-02e0-4f04-b567-a0566c21d3b9.jpg]

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR Catherine Young SPRING WORKSHOPS
*Register for Both for $10 Discount!*

Workshop #1 Writing the Driftless Landscape Saturday, March 09, 10am - 12pm

Are you inspired by the unique and beautiful landscapes of the Driftless? Each hill and hollow, each creek and riverway in our Driftless Bioregion holds a story because so many people have found this land alluring and have come to live here. Come explore this place through writing the landscape.

Writing instructor and naturalist, Catherine Young will lead exercises and prompts for you to generate and craft prose and poetry.

All participants will receive a writer's notebook, and should bring their preferred writing utensils. No other supplies needed, except an open mind and creative spirit. :)

The Fine Print:
*Ages 17 and up.
*Nonrefundable $25 per person workshop fee.
*Class Maximum of 12 Students; Minimum of 5 Students
*Reservations CLOSE on Friday, March 01, 2019.
*Rain date (in the case of inclement weather): Sat, Mar 16

REGISTER TODAY @ 608-437-6486 OR BY EMAIL TO mthorebhistory@mhtc.net<mailto:mthorebhistory@mhtc.net>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/31adc7d2fb6e487916f8d1bec/images/57c800a9-b4e8-4634-be6a-881bf6791d7c.jpg]

Workshop #2 Stories in the Soup Pot: Workshop & Lunch Saturday, April 13, 10am-1230pm

Have you ever told a story about a great meal? Or perhaps a food disaster?

Food sears into our memories because it engages our senses and it is an essential ingredient in life and in story. Through food, we develop our relationships to place and to one another.

Using food as inspiration, writing instructor and naturalist Catherine Young will lead exercises and prompts for you to craft delectable written creations. We'll cook up and serve stories from our own lives which may take shape as memoir, fiction, poetry or even children's literature.

This experience will be fittingly capped by lunch brought across the street from Sunn Cafe, and included in your workshop fee. ("Sunn" is Norwegian for "wholesome" and "good for you.") Menu to be announced as event approaches, as Sunn Cafe relies on fresh and seasonal ingredients for its ever-updated menu.

All participants will receive a writer's notebook, and should bring their preferred writing utensil(s). No other supplies needed, except an open mind and creative spirit. :)

The Fine Print:
*Ages 17 and up.
*Nonrefundable $35 per person workshop fee.
*Class maximum of 12 students; Class minimum of 5.
*Reservations CLOSE on Friday, March 01, 2019.
*Rain date (in the case of inclement weather): Sat, April 27

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/31adc7d2fb6e487916f8d1bec/images/97e7b24f-5b8e-4feb-8308-3b1af0260ef4.jpg]

REGISTER TODAY @ 608-437-6486 OR BY EMAIL TO mthorebhistory@mhtc.net<mailto:mthorebhistory@mhtc.net>

ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR

Catherine Young has worked as a museum professional, a cultural interpreter, a naturalist for the National Park Service, an educator and farmer. She completed her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of British Columbia and her writing has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and "Best American Essays." Her essays and poems have been published nationally and internationally in numerous literary journals and in anthologies, including "The Driftless Reader." As an instructor, Catherine shares her delight in finding the heart of a story.

Rooted in farm life, Catherine lives with her family in Wisconsin's Driftless Area. Her writings and podcasts are available at http://catherineyoungwriter.weebly.com/<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2Fl.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcatherineyoungwriter.weebly.com%252F%253Ffbclid%253DIwAR2s2KTVCFxiYWIZ64mRgZVCUbwIWItpfynqU6CK4MzX4v4A6SYGw-xD5VA%26h%3DAT2bux7hSwZQmKehdq8Ma6MaSNy65JnZyaOsBmvisDBPc17FDIhYKgvXVayaxp9RgID15QhVIiTjCrIb2vsnncID6RvZW1FGdgnPP-6jE45R4s5GO-jsGwOgqv6Gi9Au&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cbc67277f2aa849140cfe08d6893804b3%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636847271015962084&sdata=4tTcQYWPRoQhFDue5GkgOBBnl1rZawi7YqR2Ia4NwWE%3D&reserved=0>

Driftless Historium Mount Horeb Area Historical Society 100 S 2nd St, Mt Horeb, WI
(608) 437 - 6486 www.mthorebhistory.org<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mthorebhistory.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cbc67277f2aa849140cfe08d6893804b3%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636847271015972092&sdata=hTaaNw3amWCd4k3IVpidqqyT1mh6HizV0FRFR33qSdo%3D&reserved=0> FIND US ON FACEBOOK!