RE: Agreement: legal between County and County Historical Society

Barron County Historical Society (museum1@chibardun.net)
Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:58:51 -0600

From: "Barron County Historical Society" <museum1@chibardun.net>
Subject: RE: Agreement: legal between County and County Historical Society
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 10:58:51 -0600

Daniel,

This is pretty much the same set-up that the Barron County Historical Society has with the Barron County Government. The only document that we have, is a 99 year lease with the County. It's pretty simple and states that the Historical Society can do with buildings as it likes. We have a very good working relationship and there have never been any problems. The County has a representative that sits on our Board of Directors and he/she acts as a liaison between the two. We realize that do to our relationship, we are sort of a quasi-governmental organization. As a result, we do consult them on major things (if we build a new building, etc.), but operate independently.

I have attached a copy of our lease to this email. How this can be of some use.

Tammy Schutz, Director Barron County Historical Society

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
<localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Daniel Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 1:18 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Agreement: legal between County and County Historical Society

There is a desire to have a legal agreement between our Marquette County Government and the Marquette County Historical Society. Do any of you have such an agreement and can share it or give advice?

I have found earlier posts discussing relationships between the County and a Museum. Marquette County owns the buildings and land, provides building and liability insurance, some utilities and some maintenance. Operation and its funding is the responsibility of the Historical Society. This is similar to many earlier posts.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Daniel Nickolie

President

Marquette County (Wisconsin) Historical Society