Research Assistant - History Center Washington County

Anne Molineu (research@historyisfun.com)
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:14:27 -0500

From: "Anne Molineu" <research@historyisfun.com>
Subject: Research Assistant - History Center Washington County
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:14:27 -0500

The Research Center of the History Center Washington County in West Bend is looking for a Part-Time Research Assistant.

Research Center and Archive Assistant

Part-time

The Washington County Historical Society Research Center and Archive
(320 S. 5th Ave. West Bend, WI) is looking for a Research Center Assistant. The position will report to the Curator of Collections and Archives. The Research Center Assistant will keep regular scheduled hours, work with patrons, and help maintain and organize the collection. Basic knowledge of genealogical research and an understanding of library and archival standards preferred. Basic computer skills and experience working with people required. Specific training will be provided. Position requires an average of 15 hours per week at $9 per hour. Work schedule includes two Saturdays a month and two afternoons during our open hours (Wednesday-Friday) days/time to be negotiated.

Duties include but not limited to:

 Assist patrons with reference and research needs

 Assist in the cataloging new collections

 Assist in the updating and organizing existing collections

 Filing newspaper articles for additional resources, surnames, communities - keeping current with the filing

 Conduct research for any project as needed or directed

Send cover letter and resume to director@historyisfun.com . For information about the Research Center and the History Center, visit www.historyisfun.com. Application deadline is June 24.

The Washington County Historical Society, Inc. values diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under law.

Anne Molineu

Curator of Archives, Research Center

History Center Washington County

research@historyisfun.com