Re: Do you provide programming in a one-room school?

SARA STEELE (smsteele@wisc.edu)
Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:34:15 +0000

From: SARA STEELE <smsteele@wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Do you provide programming in a one-room school?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:34:15 +0000

Sounds interesting. We do not provide programming, but CGAHS has a 1889 te acher's register that includes the curriculum and the timing of recitations
 (i.e group meetings). I am working on a draft of a report on what attendi ng a rural school was like that deals with school "terms", recitation times
, etc.. Let me know if you would like a copy of that part of the draft.

Does anyone have a photo of a log cabin school house? Several of our one-r oom schools were held in old log cabins until the frame buildings were buil t.

Sara Steele.Cottage Grove Area Historical Society Researcher, Sara Steele.Cottage Grove Area Historical Society Researcher, smsteele@wisc
.edu<mailto:smsteele@wisc.edu>

On 6/26/2019 8:34 AM, Jarrod Roll wrote: Hello.

The Monroe County Local History Room & Museum has an intern this summer dev eloping curriculum for the historic Brackett School. I know that there are
 several historic one-room schools in Wisconsin which are open to teachers to bring their students for programming. I’m reaching out requesting if any of you would be willing to share your one-room school lesson plans with
 us? While we will be creating a lesson plan specific to our one-room scho ol, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel, right? We, in turn, would gl adly share with you the curriculum we end up creating.

Thank you, Jarrod

Jarrod Roll Director / County Historian Monroe County Local History Room & Museum 200 West Main St. Sparta, WI 54656 608-269-8680 www.MonroeCountyHistory.org<http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org> Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MCLHR<http://www.Facebook.com/MCLHR>