Re: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations

Jim Pellman (musketeer6@cheqnet.net)
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:42:52 -0500

From: "Jim Pellman" <musketeer6@cheqnet.net>
Subject: Re: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 17:42:52 -0500

Hi Jon,

We at OBHS only get space from the Town of Maple in our joint archive there, built at the start with a small grant from DC.

Jim P.

From: Douglas County Historical Society Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 4:18 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations

With tighter local government budgets we have seen a reduction in local government funding the past few years. This has been true for many local organizations that received City and County funding.

I'm wondering what dollar amount and/or percent of budget other historical organizations around the state get? In Douglas County we get just over 20% of our $60,000 a year operating budget from City and County combined.

If anyway could share with me what percent or dollar amount of their funding comes from City/Village/Town or County, I would be appreciative.

Jon Winter Douglas County Historical Society 1101 John Avenue Superior WI 54880

Business Manager 715-392-8449