RE: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations

Bobbie Erdmann (bobbiee@centurytel.net)
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:54:07 -0500

From: "Bobbie Erdmann" <bobbiee@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:54:07 -0500

Berlin Area Historical Society gets $2,000 from the City of Berlin, nothing from the County.

We depend on membership and donations to sustain our 4 buildings.

Bobbie Erdmann, Sec./Treas

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Douglas County Historical Society Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 4:19 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Local Government Funding for Historical Organizations

With tighter local government budgets we have seen a reduction in local government funding the past few years. This has been true for many local organizations that received City and County funding.

I'm wondering what dollar amount and/or percent of budget other historical organizations around the state get? In Douglas County we get just over 20% of our $60,000 a year operating budget from City and County combined.

If anyway could share with me what percent or dollar amount of their funding comes from City/Village/Town or County, I would be appreciative.

Jon Winter

Douglas County Historical Society

1101 John Avenue Superior WI 54880

Business Manager