RE: Restoration of horse drawn carriages

djtotten (djtotten@earthlink.net)
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:44:07 -0500

From: "djtotten" <djtotten@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Restoration of horse drawn carriages
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:44:07 -0500

We have used an Amish gentleman by the name of Noah Hochstetler. We reached him by phone at (920) 898-5363. He was referred to us by the Carriage Museum.

Our project was to re-cover two buggy dashboards. Noah did an excellent job, but the work took longer than expected.

Noah lives in an Amish community near St. Anna, NW of Elkhart Lake. He is a very agreeable person and has a very large collection of his own.

David Totten President, Board of Directors New Berlin Historical Society www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org djtotten@earthlink.net

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 11:00 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Restoration of horse drawn carriages

We are in need of a carriage/buckboard/mail wagon restorer preferably in Wisconsin. Do you know of people or businesses that do this work? (I'll email the Carriage Museum for assistance as well.)

Thank You,

Dan Nickolie

Marquette County Historical Society

nickolie.daniel@gmail.com