VOTES FOR WOMEN CELEBRATION

Susan Hemmen (slhemmen@gmail.com)
Tue, 6 Aug 2019 09:52:43 -0500

From: Susan Hemmen <slhemmen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 09:52:43 -0500
Subject: VOTES FOR WOMEN CELEBRATION

The New Berlin Historical Society is having a special celebration of the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Local suffragist, Theodora Winton Youmnans, was a strong force in the local movement for suffrage for women. She grew up on Prospect Hill, the current site of our Historical Park. We are offering a tour of her girlhood home, school and church. This tour is part of a national year-long celebration of the ratification of the 19th Amendment.

This tour is scheduled for Saturday, August 17th, 2 pm at the New Berlin Historical Park, 19765 W. National Avenue.

Join in a Suffrage Rally to start the day! See and hear what it was like for the women who had to fight for their right to vote.

Information on Facebook: New Berlin Wi Historical Society and at www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org.