Re: Photos of old headstones

Debra Demuri (dkd@borderlandnet.net)
Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 15:15:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Debra Demuri <dkd@borderlandnet.net>
Subject: Re: Photos of old headstones

At the Historic Preservation Conference in October 2018, there was a presen tation on "Saving Our Stones" by Jarrod Roll of West Salem, WI. Perhaps con tacting him would give Elizabeth some answers. saveyourstones@gmail.com or www. SaveYourStones.com

From: "Elizabeth Terlinden" <terlinden@sbcglobal.net> To: "Janet Seymour" <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:34:25 AM Subject: Photos of old headstones

Hello,

We are working on a visual record of cemetery headstones in the 155 year ol d cemetery. The oldest stones are limestone and there has been a lot of det erioration.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to enhance the writing and symbo ls on the headstones so photos can be taken? I’ve run across variou s suggestions, though some seem questionable as to causing further damage.

I’ve been able to photograph some with different lighting condition s and also when headstones are wet.

Thanks,

Bettsy Terlinden Glass Valley Cemetery Committee member Town of River Falls