Re: Faux Meats for Smokehouse Display

B Schneider (wyward@yahoo.com)
Sun, 17 Nov 2019 18:16:39 -0600

From: B Schneider <wyward@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 18:16:39 -0600
Subject: Re: Faux Meats for Smokehouse Display

If there is a Hobby Town or model rail road shop in your area, they may know
 someone that does dioramas and may be interested in an artistic challenge l ike this.

B Schneider

> On Nov 14, 2019, at 11:07 PM, Jackie Utter <jackieu3495@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> If you have some crafty quilters or sewers this would be a possibility and
 a simple sewing project and temperatures would not be an issue.

> On Thursday, November 14, 2019, 09:33:35 PM CST, Frank Smoot <> On Thursday, November 14, 2019, 09:33:35 PM CST, Frank Smoot <franksmoot@g
mail.com> wrote:

> I love many of the suggestions here. You might also try ...
>
> https://www.displayfakefoods.com
>
> I've ordered things from the site, and at least the fakes I've ordered hav
e been fairly convincing. Pretty reasonably priced, too (and quick shipping,
 if that's important at all).

> Frank Smoot
>
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:45 AM Richfield Historical Society <historyrhs@
gmail.com> wrote:
> The Richfield Historical Society is interested in creating a display for i
ts smokehouse. We are looking for faux hams and sausages (items that would b e hanging in a smokehouse.) I believe these can be purchased, but are quite e xpensive. Does anyone have information on where such items could be purchase d at a reasonable price? Are there any ideas of how these could be made? The
 materials would have to withstand the cold and heat.