RE: Looking for Replacement Logs for Our Log Cabin

Bobbie Erdmann (bobbiee@centurytel.net)
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:32:43 -0500

From: "Bobbie Erdmann" <bobbiee@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for Replacement Logs for Our Log Cabin
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:32:43 -0500

You might try contacting someone from the Markesan Historical Society. They are near a good size Amish community and

those members might be able to help you out or direct you where to go for help.

Markesan Historical Society, P O Box 416 Markesan, WI 53946

920-398-3945 or 920-398-3359

Bobbie Erdmann

Berlin Area Historical Soc.

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Schumacher Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 4:02 PM To: Wisconsin History List Serve Subject: Looking for Replacement Logs for Our Log Cabin

The Oak Creek Historical Society has a 1844 log cabin as part of our pioneer village. Some of the logs on the north-facing wall are degrading and need to be replaced.

We need logs roughly 10 to 15 inches wide and about 20 feet long.

Does anyone know of a source for vintage or new logs?

Pete Schumacher

Oak Creek Historical Society