Social Media / Public Statement for Covid-19

Bonnie Byrd (bbyrd@wchsm.org)
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 21:31:30 +0000

From: "Bonnie  Byrd" <bbyrd@wchsm.org>
Subject: Social Media / Public Statement for Covid-19
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 21:31:30 +0000

For those likewise discussing how to communicate to the public during this time - Travis Gross and I wanted to share our statements. Please feel free to use/adapt the language if you find it helpful in crafting your own messa ging.

Sheboygan County Historical Society:

Hello, We at the Sheboygan County Historical Society are well aware of the current
 situation in regards to the Covid-19 virus. Please be assured we are takin g all necessary precautions suggested by the Center for Disease Control in battling the spread of the virus. Our custodial staff, as well as the entir e staff, has increased the cleaning schedule as well as increased the steps
 needed with personal hygiene. We are regularly disinfecting all areas of t he museum as well as all items in our Education Programs. We know from past
 outbreaks what the outcome can be and we are making sure we are not a part
 of the problem.

With that said, we are constantly monitoring our local, state and federal h ealth departments as well as the CDC. If any of those organizations call fo r closure of public facilities we will heed their directive. Until then, we
 will remain open to the public. If we feel we need to postpone or cancel a ny of our upcoming programs we will notify the public via social media, our
 webpage and emails to our members.

Please take all necessary precautions during this unique time in history. I t is not the first time the human species has experienced a situation such as this and it more than likely will not be the last. If we all do our part
 and keep clean we will overcome this as well.

Thank you, Travis Gross

Waukesha Co. Historical Society:

History Friends -

As long as we are able, the museum hours & operations will continue as norm al: Wednesday - Saturday 10 am - 4 pm.

We are monitoring news and recommendations related to the Covid-19 virus. P lease know that we are following precautions recommended by the Centers for
 Disease Control and the State of Wisconsin.

Our best practices mean that exhibits and hands-on spaces are cleaned and d isinfected daily, along with items related to our Education Programs. WCHSM
 staff and volunteers are increasing gallery walk throughs and cleaning sch edules as well.

With that said, we are constantly monitoring our local, state and federal h ealth departments as well as the CDC. If any of those organizations call fo r closure of public facilities we will heed their directive. Until then, we
 will remain open to the public. If we feel we need to postpone or cancel a ny of our upcoming programs we will notify the public via social media, our
 webpage and emails to our contact list.

We want to be available for families and small groups looking to avoid larg e crowds, but please take precaution for your own health & wellness.

All the best from WCHSM

Best,

Bonnie Byrd

Executive Director, Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum

Southeast Region, Wisconsin Council for Local History

262.521.2859 x222 (o)

414.286.7577 (c)

bbyrd@wchsm.org |

<http://www.wchsm.org>