Re: Archival Supplies

Danielle Benden (danielle@driftlesspathways.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 19:09:06 -0500

From: Danielle Benden <danielle@driftlesspathways.com>
Subject: Re: Archival Supplies
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 19:09:06 -0500

Hi Donna,

I purchase most of my materials from Talas, Hollinger and Gaylord. First thi ng to do is determine what kind of box you need and what materials youâ€
™ll use. Then you can do some shopping around for the best material prices
. Talas, Hollinger and Gaylord are the three usual suspects although Iâ€
™ll also use other suppliers (e.g., University Products) depending on what
 project I’m working on or what type of enclosure I’m making
. If you have further questions about box making, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely, Danielle Benden, Owner Driftless Pathways, LLC https://www.driftlesspathways.com 608.284.8907

Sent from my iPhone

r Metal Edge (https://www.hollingermetaledge.com/).

>> Talas is quite competitive price-wise, even with the 18% Gaylord discount
. Hollinger is usually willing to provide a discount code if you explain tha t you are a small, non-profit historical society (contact their customer ser vice about requesting a discount).

>> Alternatively, it is way cheaper to make your own boxes. It takes more ti
me but it is very cost-effective if you have the time. I have taught box-mak ing (container/enclosure-making) classes at the annual Wisconsin Historic Pr eservation and Local History meetings. I also provide the training on-site f or historical societies.

>> Good luck!
>> Danielle, Owner
>> Driftless Pathways, LLC
>> https://driftlesspathways.com
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Green County Historical Society uses Gaylord.
>>> If you are an affiliate of the state historical society, they give you 1
8% discount

r our textiles. They are expensive!
ox is $45. Yes, we will be very selective on the items we will store in
m University Products, and we have a Demco catalog.

ocus areas are textiles and maps.