RE: Archival Supplies

Greg (ghageman5889@charter.net)
Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:26:44 -0500

From: Greg <ghageman5889@charter.net>
Subject: RE: Archival Supplies
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:26:44 -0500

Danielle gives a very nice presentation in box making. The advantage to ma king your own is that once you get the procedure down, you can purchase mat erials, have them on hand and make boxes that are size on size for the item s you wish to store.

Greg Hageman New Holstein Historical Society

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Danielle Benden Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:45 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Archival Supplies

I would also recommend Talas (https://www.talasonline.com/)  and Hollinger Metal Edge (https://www.hollingermetaledge.com/).

Talas is quite competitive price-wise, even with the 18% Gaylord discount. Hollinger is usually willing to provide a discount code if you explain that
 you are a small, non-profit historical society (contact their customer ser vice about requesting a discount).

Alternatively, it is way cheaper to make your own boxes. It takes more
 time but it is very cost-effective if you have the time. I have taught box
-making (container/enclosure-making) classes at the annual Wisconsin Histor ic Preservation and Local History meetings. I also provide the training on- site for historical societies.

Good luck! Danielle, Owner Driftless Pathways, LLC https://driftlesspathways.com

Sent from my iPhone