Re: Policy for Donations "in memory of"

Douglas County Historical Society (dchs@douglashistory.org)
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 08:13:09 -0500

From: Douglas County Historical Society <dchs@douglashistory.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 08:13:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Policy for Donations "in memory of"

We look to try and accommodate the wishes of the family with maybe a suggestion of a broader scope of the funds use.

As for the significant life events, our board usually takes up a collection among board members to send flowers for a funeral. We often just send a card signed by the members of the board. A board member that was close to the person might just get a card for us to all sign for other significant life events. We have a policy not to use organizational funds.

Jon Winter Douglas County Historical Society 1101 John Avenue Superior WI 54880 Business Manager 715-392-8449

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM David Totten <djtotten@earthlink.net> wrote
: