Re: Virtual Meetings

B Schneider (wyward@yahoo.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 2020 22:37:46 -0500

Subject: Re: Virtual Meetings
From: B Schneider <wyward@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 22:37:46 -0500

Hi. If you all use MS Office, there is an extension called Teams, my wife us es it all the time for staff meetings. Also I think google has something as p art of their office apps, maybe called Webex?

B Schneider

> On Aug 9, 2020, at 6:48 AM, <rljpilch@pctcnet.net> <rljpilch@pctcnet.net> w
rote:

> I have a question that I hope I can get some help with. What are you using
 or doing to conduct some of your virtual meetings?

> We held our last board meeting using freeconferencecall.com. It was extrem
ely easy and uncomplicated to use and went very well, however the problem wa s that some of our board members using landlines had charges for the call on
 their phone bills. I believe those using cell phones with unlimited calling
 plans were fine. Needless to say some unhappiness ensued with the charges. I
 am in the process of contacting the service to see what, if any other optio ns are available.

> I have been looking into zoom, because I have been part of that type of me
eting with another group, however the no charge version gives you a 40 minut e window and that is it. When the 40 minutes are up you are abruptly cut off
 with no warning. When that occurs we just reconnect through the link and wr ap up our business within the next 40 minutes. However, I don’t know
 how that would work for our annual meeting, which is one thing we want to u se zoom for along with some monthly meetings. From what I can see Zoom Pro
 is $14.99 per month per host. We would just have the one host, which would b e me, but I am not sure our organization wants to pay that fee.

> I feel like I am floundering here trying to learn the ins and outs of the v
arious technology available and then trying to match it to our needs and get
 people comfortable with using it given the fact that the skill sets and equ ipment that our board members have are so different. Any suggestions would b e greatly appreciated.