Re: Camera/Photo questions

Bonnie Van De Hey (bevandehey@yahoo.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:48:48 +0000 (UTC)

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:48:48 +0000 (UTC)
From: Bonnie Van De Hey <bevandehey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Camera/Photo questions

Thank you Rebecca. That's very helpful!

  On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM, Rebecca Dubey<On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM, Rebecca Dubey<curator@saukcountyhistory.o rg> wrote: Hello Bonnie,we use a Nikon D3300 which is a digital SLR; I sh
oot at a high resolution, but the computer program transfers this into 300d pi, and I use JPEG for Past Perfect.  We also upload images using the same dpi and jpeg format. I love the Nikon for its Flexibility and ease of use.  We have two lig ht stands for small objects along with a light box, and three large light s tands and a large cloth  backdrop on a backdrop support pole suspended
 between two stands.  We purchased the first group (camera, lightbox a nd small lights) one year on a grant, and the others later, also on grants.
  I also use a tripod that has made a big difference in the work I can
 accomplish.  It's an Alta Pro 263Ap, the central post extends beyond the struts and can be set at many different angles to the tripod legs.Â
  If interested, I would be happy to supply pictures of my two very small
 set-ups. I found the equipment on Adorama, which sells reconditioned equipment;
  B&H Camera is also a good source.  The tripod is mine; I purcha sed it through The Camera Company in Madison. Hope this is helpful On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 6:20 PM Bonnie Van De Hey <bevandehey@yahoo.com> wro te:

What photo format and resolution is bestfor using in PastPerfect and also f or posting online, i.e. the WHS website.  Whattype of camera should we
 get for our small historical society and home museum?

We cataloged about 1,200 of the objectsin 2008 using a two small digital ca mera, taking some photos in jpeg and somein tiff formats.  The resolut ion of those photos today are probably too small forposting on todayâ€
™s websites. We plan to start cataloging the backlog of themany items we have and would like to have photos that are appropriate for todayand tomorr ows digital conditions.

Bonnie Van De Hey

Wrightstown Historical Society

bevandehey@yahoo.com

920.217.2706

--
Rebecca DuBey, Museum CuratorSauk County Historical Society(608) 356-1001
  W-F; please leave a message other times!