Re: Can you please help us identify this artifact?

Cynthia Arbiture (musprosvc@gdinet.com)
Mon, 7 Sep 2020 20:13:12 -0500

Subject: Re: Can you please help us identify this artifact?
From: Cynthia Arbiture <musprosvc@gdinet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 20:13:12 -0500

Thanks so much to Brian and everyone for all your help with identifying this artifact as a "carpet stretcher.” We really appreciate your help!

Thank you so much!

Cindy Arbiture President Concord Historical Society, Inc. www.concordwihistory.org <http://www.concordwihistory.org/>

> On Sep 2, 2020, at 6:28 PM, Brian Bigler <usemeum@mhtc.net> wrote:
>
> Hello Cindy
>
> You have a late 19th century rug stretcher most likely made by Victor.
 Many rugs such as ingrain carpeting required a bit of adjusting before they were tacked to flooring and this device was used for that purpose.
> Brian Bigler -
> Exhibit Designer and Consultant - Mount Horeb
>

> On 8/31/2020 12:34 PM, Cynthia Arbiture wrote:
>> Dear Friends in Local History,
>>
>> Can you please help our society identify this artifact? The wooden
artifact has a wooden handle (approx. 18” long) with a sharp point at the end of a metal tang. It also has a pivoting arch shaped heavy wire that is attached to a wooden block through an eye hook. The wooden block has nail like points projecting about 3/8 inches symmetrically placed. The tool is meant to move freely back and forth.
— Any help would be most appreciated!