Re: Request for return of an item

B Schneider (wyward@yahoo.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 2020 19:27:32 -0500

From: B Schneider <wyward@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 19:27:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Request for return of an item

Your society Needs a donation policy. Its pretty easy to create from using o ther museums policies as a guide. Have your board or another qualified socie ty look it over. Make sure the donor signs it and gets a copy. Also have pol icies for photo usage, loaning collections, ect.

B Schneider

> On Sep 3, 2020, at 8:40 AM, Timothy Glines <glinestc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is a link to a situation in Minnesota some years ago:
> http://www2.mnhs.org/about/publications/interpreter/jan-feb2003.pdf
> Tim Glines
> St. Paul, MN
>
>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 11:24 PM devan gracyalny <dgracyalny@sbcglobal.net
> wrote:
>> Years ago I had a request to return a Babe Ruth signed ball given to the H
istorical Society by an 18 year old who now is a grandfather of a boy into b aseball. I consulted with now retired Rick ? from the State Historical Soci ety. He said not to return the ball or any item as it sets a dangerous prec edent for other families and relatives to have items returned.