Camera/Photo questions

Bonnie Van De Hey (bevandehey@yahoo.com)
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:19:41 -0500

From: "Bonnie Van De Hey" <bevandehey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Camera/Photo questions
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:19:41 -0500

Hi Rebecca

On reviewing the details of your post thoroughly I realize that I would love to see photos of what you have. We're very early in our planning and shopping, and it would be great to see what you have done.

Thank you for your sharing your experience. This listserve is so helpful for our small organization!

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Rebecca Dubey Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 1:21 PM To: Local History List Serve Subject: Re: Camera/Photo questions

Hello Bonnie,

we use a Nikon D3300 which is a digital SLR; I shoot at a high resolution, but the computer program transfers this into 300dpi, and I use JPEG for Past Perfect. We also upload images using the same dpi and jpeg format.

I love the Nikon for its Flexibility and ease of use. We have two light stands for small objects along with a light box, and three large light stands and a large cloth backdrop on a backdrop support pole suspended between two stands. We purchased the first group (camera, lightbox and small lights) one year on a grant, and the others later, also on grants. I also use a tripod that has made a big difference in the work I can accomplish. It's an Alta Pro 263Ap, the central post extends beyond the struts and can be set at many different angles to the tripod legs. If interested, I would be happy to supply pictures of my two very small set-ups.

I found the equipment on Adorama, which sells reconditioned equipment; B&H Camera is also a good source. The tripod is mine; I purchased it through The Camera Company in Madison.

Hope this is helpful