Register now! WHS Local History & Historic Preservation Conference

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:34:39 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Register now! WHS Local History & Historic Preservation Conference
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 16:34:39 +0000

The Wisconsin Historical Society looks forward to welcoming you to the 14th
 Annual Local History & Historic Preservation Conference online in just two
 weeks! Register now and explore the variety of sessions and keynote opport unities in the full conference brochure.

www.wisconsinhistory.org/conference<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/confere nce>

Highlights include:

  * Keynotes by Dr. Turkiya Lowe, Chief Historian, National Park Service and Aaron Bird Bear, Tribal Relations Director, UW-Madison
  * Christian Øverland, the Ruth and Hartley Barker Director & CEO of t he Wisconsin Historical Society, will welcome Washington State Historical S ociety Director Jennifer Kilmer and Director of the Alabama Department of A rchives and History for a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunit ies of 2020
  * Angela Titus, Assistant Deputy Director and Chief Program Officer, Wi sconsin Historical Society, will host a panel on engaging next-gen audience s with digital storytelling
  * Jerry Apps will read from his newest book, When the White Pine Was Ki ng: A History of Lumberjacks, Log Drives, and Sawdust Cities in Wisconsin
  * Author and activist Mai Zong Vue will share the history of the Hmong diaspora and highlights from her recent book, Hmong in Wisconsin

While we are not able to connect with each other in-person, the time spent gathered with friends and colleagues online will provide us with the same o pportunities to listen to new perspectives, share exciting news and project s, and find renewed energy as we plan for the future. We look forward to se eing you online!

All the best,

Janet

Janet Seymour

Outreach Director

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (Office) 715-829-0742 (Cell)

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>