Re: Depot rehab projects

onthelake2@tds.net
Thu, 17 Dec 2020 11:00:03 -0500 (EST)

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 11:00:03 -0500 (EST)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Depot rehab projects

Paul, Iola Historical Society has been restoring the village's original depot for a number of years. We're currently working on the outside to bring it back to its original look - Victorian Railroad Gothic. The depot for the Iola & Northern Railway is located in it's original location and was built in 1894. The railway ran from Scandinavia to Iola, with intentions of going 100 miles further north, and was part of the Green Bay, Winona & St. Paul Railroad. It ceased operation in 1958. Hope this helps. Greg LoescherIola Historical Societywww.iolahistoricalsociety.org
----- Original Message ----- From: Paul Wolter <pawolter@gmail.com> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Sent: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 16:34:30 -0500 (EST) Subject: Depot rehab projects

Hi all, Does anyone know of any train depot rehab projects? If so, can you tell me where, approximately when, current use and owner? (or as much as you can) Thanks,Paul Wolter Cell 414-539-2609