RE: Depot rehab projects

director@marathoncountyhistory.org
Thu, 17 Dec 2020 10:01:50 -0600

From: <director@marathoncountyhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Depot rehab projects
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 10:01:50 -0600

The Milwaukee Road depot in Wausau is now Timekeeper Distillery - https://www.timekeeperdistillery.com/

The Chicago & Northwestern depot was previously converted to a restaurant, but is now office space.

Mary Forer

Executive Director

Marathon County Historical Society

410 McIndoe Street

Wausau, WI 54403

715-842-5750 / <mailto:director@marathoncountyhistory.org> director@marathoncountyhistory.org

 <http://www.marathoncountyhistory.org/> www.marathoncountyhistory.org

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Brian Bigler Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 9:46 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Depot rehab projects

The station at Ridgeway owned - I believe - by the Friends of the Military Ridge Trail at Ridgeway, Wisconsin and used as a trail stop.

The station at New Glarus also along the bike trail there and used as a trail stop and I believe restored by a friends group

The station at Mazomanie used as a library and archives of the Mazomanie Historical Society.

The Depot at Black Earth used as a museum for the Black Earth Historical Society.

The depot at Broadhead and used as the Broadhead Historical Society museum.

The depot at Belleville - under restoration.

The depot at Evensville used as a bar / tavern / eating place.

The depot at Waunakee - not sure of the use.

The station at Madison last I knew used as a bicycle shop.

The depot at stoughton used as a museum of the Stoughton Historical Society and chamber of commerce office.

The depot at Middleton used as a chamber of commerce office

The depot at Mineral Point and now a museum

The depot at Fennimore and now a museum

Hope this is a start for you

Brian J. Bigler - Mount Horeb, WI