Planning events for Historic Preservation and Archaeology Month?

AMY D WYATT (amy.wyatt@wisconsinhistory.org)
Fri, 9 Apr 2021 14:11:44 +0000

From: AMY D WYATT <amy.wyatt@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Planning events for Historic Preservation and Archaeology Month?
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 14:11:44 +0000

If your organization is hosting an event in May that celebrates the preserv ation of Wisconsin’s historic places, let us know and we will help promot e it on our website at https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Article/CS4 182. If you have any questions about the types of events that qualify or if
 you’re looking for ideas, please get in touch.

Any type of event that celebrates the preservation of historic places and a rchaeological sites is a great idea.

Some events that organizations have done in the past at their own historic sites or by showcasing a variety of places in their community:

· Open house

· Walking tour or driving tour of historic districts (docent led or self-guided)

· Scavenger hunt

· Photo contest

· Trivia event

· Host a speaker to talk about the importance of historic preserv ation, archaeology, and historic places to the community

· Workshop on a preservation topic like how to research the histo ry of your house

· Historic cemetery tour or clean-up project

· Concert, movie night, or arts and craft fairs set at a historic
 site

· Preservation awards program for worthy projects in the communit y

· Family event with preservation activity for kids

These are some of the most popular ideas, but if you have something in mind
 that you’d like some feedback on I’m happy to help.

Amy Wyatt Digital Historic Preservation Coordinator State Historic Preservation Office

Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706 608-264-6506 amy.wyatt@wisconsinhistory.org

Wisconsin Historical Society Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsin history.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&a mp;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>