Re: Newspaper Clippings

museum (museum@vernoncountyhistory.org)
Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:53:11 -0500

Subject: Re: Newspaper Clippings
From: museum <museum@vernoncountyhistory.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:53:11 -0500

Hello John, The Vernon County Historical Society has collected and saved many documents, photographs and newspaper clippings for many years.  We keep these items in archival file folders by surname if they are genealogy related.  The photos are copied and placed in a separate file drawer so they are not handled too much.  Many years ago we photocopied all the newsprint in these files since it tends to darken and deteriorate.  During the last few years however, we have decided to keep original newspaper clippings with good photos since everything is digital now and the original photos may never be printed.  Those original newspaper clippings go in archival plastic sleeves.  We also have an extensive collection of Vernon County related subjects such as agriculture, organizations, communities, etc.  Any of these clippings get filed by subject just as they are, making sure we put a date and the name of the newspaper on them. (Same with genealogy).  All the archival folders go into archival boxes.  I have attached a couple of photos of what we call our "people file" - genealogy, and the Vernon County archives. Carol Krogan, assistant curator

--
Vernon County Museum
P.O. Box 444

44. People files.JPG 40. Archives.JPG 42. Archives.JPG