City of Peshtigo 150th Celebration

Cathi Malke (cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us)
Tue, 25 May 2021 14:49:14 +0000

From: Cathi Malke <cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us>
Subject: City of Peshtigo 150th Celebration
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:49:14 +0000

The City of Peshtigo is celebrating 150 years from the Great Peshtigo Fire.
  In commemoration we will host a 3 day celebration on Sept. 24th, 25th & 26th . Saturday the 25th we are looking for vendors that make homemade ite ms. Anyone interested please call city hall at 715-582-3041 or email mysel f at cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us<mailto:cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us> and I will pass onto the committee. Any suggestions for our festivities would also be
 greatly appreciated. Friday Sept. 24th we are having a dinner show with family style dinner, ent ertainment and receive a commemorative coin and pouch. The evening will be
 very memorable as they are putting guests back in 1871. Saturday the 26th
 we start the day with a parade that leads out to the park. We have hired 2 stables to transport people by horse and wagon to the festivities. One w agon is handicapped accessible. This will give you the feeling of what tra nsportation felt like back in 1871. The day's activities are many. Lumber jack show, Menominee Indians, Pie Eating contest, Lumberjack Beard Contest,
 Out House Race, Car & Wagon Show, Craft Vendors & Food Vendors. We will e nd the day with fireworks. Sunday the 26th the City of Peshtigo Fire Depar tment will host a Lumberjack Breakfast and the Peshtigo Historical Society will host a cemetery walk and ice cream social in the afternoon. Mark your
 calendars. Thank you in advance, Cathi Vice President Peshtigo Historical Society