1876 Atlas township maps

West Allis Historical Society (wahs8405@gmail.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 12:13:36 -0500

From: West Allis Historical Society <wahs8405@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 12:13:36 -0500
Subject: 1876 Atlas township maps

Earlier this year I spoke with someone regarding the 1876 Milwaukee County Atlas township maps.

In 1979, The West Allis Historical Society had the Township maps from the atlas copied and printed onto a 16" X20", antique ivory paper. As we were running out of the printed maps,(we're selling them for $7.00), I brought our 1876 Atlas to a large scanning/printing company and had the maps digitally scanned. This cost was $150.00. The Atlas was then put back together and re-bound by the Tea Cup Bindery at a cost of $225.00.

I also had the scans downloaded onto a flash drive. I'm willing to share this info with other area Historical Societies, and hope they use the same printer in West Allis to have their township maps reproduced, along with possibly sharing the cost of the scanning and re-binding.

If you are interested, please call me at 414-801-6886

Devan Gracyalny, President West Allis Historical Society