Upcoming event at the Hoard Museum

Merrilee Lee (MLee@hoardmuseum.org)
Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:21:56 -0600

From: "Merrilee Lee" <MLee@hoardmuseum.org>
Subject: Upcoming event at the Hoard Museum
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:21:56 -0600

Hello!

Attached is a press release and our poster regarding an upcoming WWII and Pearl Harbor exhibit opening and program. Several of the local historical societies and museums in Jefferson County are collaborating together to create this exhibit, which opens Saturday, December 11. We will also be hosting a program with the following schedule:

10:30 am Public viewing of the documentary Pearl Harbor: Into the Arizona

1:00 pm: Jennifer Van Haaften from the Wisconsin Veterans Museum will present "Pearl Harbor: The United States Enters a Global Conflict"

2:00 pm: Commemoration ceremony for Jefferson County and WWII veterans

All programs are free and open to the public. We are hopeful you can attend! The event will be held at the Hoard Historical Museum, 401 Whitewater Ave., Fort Atkinson, WI.

The exhibit will be open through the end of the year.

Thanks!

Merrilee

Merrilee Lee

Director

Hoard Historical Museum

401 Whitewater Ave.

Fort Atkinson, WI 53538

920-563-7769

The Hoard Historical Museum recognizes that it is on land that has been occupied by various peoples for over 10,000 years including the Indigenous nations of the modern Ho-Chunk and Potawatomi nations and the ancient Oneota, Woodland, and Paleolithic peoples. Our history runs deep and should be shared to remember all those who have called this area "home."