RE: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

Bobbie Erdmann (bobbiee@centurytel.net)
Wed, 5 Jan 2022 12:39:34 -0600

From: "Bobbie Erdmann" <bobbiee@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Ice storm of 2-22-1922
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 12:39:34 -0600

Hi Paul,

The Berlin Historical Society has about 50 pictures taken around town of this storm.

Some are pretty dramatic like the ones enclosed. I also have two articles recalling the storm

written in 1968. I'm sure are there are local stories at the time but I haven't had a chance

to check that file yet.

Would you like me to continue searching?

Bobbie Erdmann

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Wolter Sent: Monday, January 03, 2022 4:45 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

HI all,

I am getting a presentation together on the great ice storm of February 22, 1922. (or more accurately Feb 21 - 23) We have some pictures of the damage here in Sauk County but I am wondering what other societies have in their holdings and if they would be willing to share. The storm was statewide although southeastern Wisconsin was reportedly spared. Elsewhere from 1 to 4 inches of ice accumulated during the storm and northern Wisconsin received heavy snow. I am happy to share research and our pictures.

Thanks,

Paul Wolter

Sauk County Historical Society

Cell 414-539-2609

2-22-22 Ice Storm (2).jpg 2-22-22 Eastside Park NE from Huron.jpg