RE: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

Rip Edmundson (rip@edmundson.com)
Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:28:53 -0600

From: "Rip Edmundson" <rip@edmundson.com>
Subject: RE: Ice storm of 2-22-1922
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:28:53 -0600

Our big blizzard was in 1936 in New Berlin. It is documented in a book: New Berlin, Wisconsin – From Country to City: A 29th Century History by Dave Totten and Audrey Juds

See attached pages 160 and 161

There is no mention of big snow in 1922.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
<localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Paul Wolter Sent: Monday, January 03, 2022 4:45 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

HI all,

I am getting a presentation together on the great ice storm of February 22, 1922. (or more accurately Feb 21 - 23) We have some pictures of the damage here in Sauk County but I am wondering what other societies have in their holdings and if they would be willing to share. The storm was statewide although southeastern Wisconsin was reportedly spared. Elsewhere from 1 to 4 inches of ice accumulated during the storm and northern Wisconsin received heavy snow. I am happy to share research and our pictures.

Thanks,

Paul Wolter

Sauk County Historical Society

Cell 414-539-2609