Re: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

rljpilch@pctcnet.net
Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:10:52 -0600

From: <rljpilch@pctcnet.net>
Subject: Re: Ice storm of 2-22-1922
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:10:52 -0600

Here are some photographs with captioning from the great storm as it looked in northern Wisconsin, Price County to be specific. Photographs are from the collection of the Price County Historical Society and are of the City of Phillips, which is the County seat of Price County and from Fifield, which is 13 miles north of Phillips.

Laurie Pilch, Secretary/Treasurer Member, Board of Directors Price County Historical Society

From: Paul Wolter Sent: Monday, January 3, 2022 4:44 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Ice storm of 2-22-1922

HI all,

I am getting a presentation together on the great ice storm of February 22, 1922. (or more accurately Feb 21 - 23) We have some pictures of the damage here in Sauk County but I am wondering what other societies have in their holdings and if they would be willing to share. The storm was statewide although southeastern Wisconsin was reportedly spared. Elsewhere from 1 to 4 inches of ice accumulated during the storm and northern Wisconsin received heavy snow. I am happy to share research and our pictures.

Thanks,

Paul Wolter Sauk County Historical Society

Cell 414-539-2609