Re: Green Trail

onthelake2@tds.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:25:54 -0500 (EST)

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:25:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Green Trail

Tim,

Check with the Wisconsin Society of Automotive Historians, [ http://wisconsin-auto-historians.org/ | http://wisconsin-auto-historians.org/ ]

Greg Loescher Iola Historical Society www.iolahistoricalsociety.org

From: "Tim Wyss" <rtwyss@gmail.com> To: "Wisconsin State Historical Society" <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 10:05:34 PM Subject: Green Trail

Clear Lake was listed as a town on the Green Trail. It was a route promoted by the Wisconsin Advancement Association in 1916 and earlier. There were many such routes in Wisconsin at that time. Where can I learn more about the Green Trail?

Attached is the marker for what I believe to be the Green Trail. It was painted on a brick building on the main street in Clear Lake and is still visible today. The center shows a hint of the green color of the marker.

Also attached are news articles identifying the Green Trail and the rest of the trails promoted by the Wisconsin Advancement Association.

Any help would be appreciated.