Center for Collections Care at Beloit College Update - Online Course info

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:27:35 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Center for Collections Care at Beloit College Update - Online Course info
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:27:35 +0000

[Center for Collections Care at beloit College]<https://www.beloit.edu/summ er-programs/center-for-collection-care/>

Happy new year from the Center for Collections Care at Beloit College<https
://www.beloit.edu/summer-programs/center-for-collection-care/>.

2022 Program Update

The last couple of years were challenging in so many ways, but they propell ed us in exciting new directions. When in-person courses were not possible,
 we successfully pivoted to online learning and launched Fundamentals of Co llections Care in summer 2021. Twenty participants from eight states (and C anada!) built a community of practice through weekly meetings and gained ne w hands-on skills and knowledge by completing five kits mailed to participa nts in advance.

Fundamentals of Collections Care<https://www.beloit.edu/summer-programs/cen ter-for-collection-care/courses/online-courses/> will be offered again onli ne May 10-31, 2022. The instructor, Christa Deacy-Quinn, delivers online le arning that is as entertaining as it is enriching.

A new online class in grant writing and fundraising

NEW Fundraising and Grant Writing for Collections Care and Access<https://w ww.beloit.edu/summer-programs/center-for-collection-care/courses/online-cou rses/> will be offered online May 4-June 1, 2022. Taught by experts in the field – public historian and fundraising guru Dr. Bob Beatty and conserva tor and federal grant writing expert Jennifer Hain Teper – this five-week
 class will teach participants how to write successful funding proposals, a n essential component of collections stewardship.

In-person classes in 2022

Eleven in-person courses<https://www.beloit.edu/summer-programs/center-for- collection-care/courses/in-person-courses/> are planned for 2022. Changing conditions due to COVID-19 and its variants require that we take all necess ary precautions, which may include course cancellations.

Wondering what it’s like to take a C3 course?

Check out this video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrhj34Dk_A> to see our facilities, meet our instructors, and get a glimpse of the campus colle ctions accessible for hands-on learning and practice at the Center for Coll ections Care at Beloit College.

Ready to start learning? Registration is open for 2022 courses!<https://www
.beloit.edu/summer-programs/center-for-collection-care/registration-funding
/>

Stay well, Nicolette B. Meister meistern@beloit.edu<mailto:meistern@beloit.edu>

Nicolette B. Meister James E. Lockwood Jr. Director, Logan Museum of Anthropology Faculty Director, Center for Collections Care Instructor, Museum Studies Program

Beloit College 700 College Street Beloit WI 53511

[Beloit College]<https://www.beloit.edu/>