Re: Having a plaque made for an historical downtown building, any legal restrictions from the State of WI ? Building located in an historical designated area.

Dane County Historical Society (danecountyhistory@gmail.com)
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:01:34 -0500

From: Dane County Historical Society <danecountyhistory@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:01:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Having a plaque made for an historical downtown building, any legal restrictions from the State of WI ? Building located in an historical designated area.

Hello Maureen - Here are some guidelines
<https://www.erielandmark.com/establishing-a-plaque-program/#:~:text=In%20establishing%20a%20plaque%20program%20a%20historical%20society,the%20plaque%20program.%20Establishing%20Program%20Goals%20and%20Objectives> from the Erie Landmark Company for administrating a historical plaque program. They are located in Erie, Pennsylvania, and have an impressive number of options for local landmark plaques.

Best, Rick Bernstein Administrator

Dane County Historical Society Lussier Family Heritage Center 3101 Lake Farm Road Madison, WI 53711 ph: 608-224-3605

Support the Dane County Historical Society by shopping at Amazon Smile https://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1143187