Re: Looking for expertise in hosting an afternoon tea

Eagle River Historical Society (eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com)
Tue, 4 Apr 2023 13:05:36 -0500

From: Eagle River Historical Society <eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 13:05:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for expertise in hosting an afternoon tea

Hello Mikki, The Eagle River Historical Society held a formal tea to open a five-year pledge program. We invited a speaker from the WHS to talk about Victorian lingerie. WE asked our guests specifically to wear hats - a very popular move - and put many hat photos on Facebook as a follow up.

Your idea of the history of tea sounds like a possibility, but it would be more intriguing if you could add anecdotes about incidents that happened over tea in the past. . We were fortunate to have a person who had owned a tearoom to handle the catering. We had ten tables of eight and each was set for tea and cake stands, plates of finger sandwiches and sweets were brought in. We purchased tea pots and related china from charity shops for an eclectic setting. One of our members made tea cozies for each pot. We offered both traditional tea and an herbal option.

I hope your event is fun.

Karen Sailer

*