RE: List serve question: wool carpet

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:57:09 -0500

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: List serve question: wool carpet
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:57:09 -0500

You might check with Villa Louis in Prairie du Chien. I think they had replicas of some carpets made for the house.

Rita Frakes, Curator

Mazomanie Historical Society

www.mazomaniehistory.org <http://www.mazomaniehistory.org/> .

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of JANET IRENE SEYMOUR Sent: Friday, June 02, 2023 10:33 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: List serve question: wool carpet

Subject: Wool Carpet

Has anyone out there had any experience with having wool carpeting

replicated or installed? Our museum has the original 1904 wool carpet runners on the stairs and they need to be replaced. Looking for any experience with manufacturers that can replicate the original pattern. Also looking for installers... wouldn't have to be the same firm.

Paul Wolter

Executive Director

Sauk County Historical Society

executivedirector@saukcountyhistory.org

Cell - 414-539-2609

Janet Seymour

she/her/hers

Outreach Director

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (Office) 715-829-0742 (Cell)

janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org

Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846
<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3But m_medium=email&amp;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>