RE: BHG lecture 10/11/23 "Badger Contamination and Cleanup"

BHG Secretary (bhg.secretary1@gmail.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 2023 08:42:01 -0500

From: BHG Secretary <bhg.secretary1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 08:42:01 -0500
Subject: RE: BHG lecture 10/11/23 "Badger Contamination and Cleanup"

*PLEASE CIRCULATE*

[image: Old Acid Area 2007.JPG] Photo: Old Acid Area soil remediation in 2007. (Credit: SpecPro, Inc.)

From brownfield to green space, come hear *"Badger Contamination and Cleanup" by Army contractor and hydrogeologist, Joel Janssen, *to learn how the cleanup of the former Badger Army Ammunition Plant has progressed since it’s 1997 closure. The talk takes place next *Wednesday, October 11
 at 7pm* as the 2nd hybrid talk in our Badger History Group (BHG) 2023-2024 lecture series.

Joel works for SpecPro, Inc. and has been actively monitoring Badger for 21 years from Maa Wakacak (Ho-Chunk land) to the Sauk Prairie State Recreation Area and US Dairy Forage Research Center. He oversees the sampling program for the 4 groundwater contaminant plumes and monitoring of the closed landfills. His talk will also include the subjects of the buildings demolished, soil/groundwater remediation, and land restoration.

This will be a hybrid event starting at 7pm via Zoom and in-person at the Museum of Badger Army Ammunition. *NOTE: The Zoom link will be posted on our website Activities page ONE DAY PRIOR
<https://badgerhistorygroup.org/activities/> to the event *- put it on your calendar to check back! We encourage you to register in advance for the Zoom or Museum event to get reminders about this event - send an email to bhg.secretary1@gmail.com.

*S**upport this lecture series and future **programs**! *And Like or Follow us on FACEBOOK <https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550783561906> f or event updates and more . . . . .

--

Heather Sonntag Secretary, Badger History Group Email: bhg.secretary1@gmail.com Website: https://badgerhistorygroup.org/ Facebook: Badger History Group - BHG <https://www.facebook.com/people/Badger-History-Group-BHG/61550783561906/>

BADGER HISTORY GROUP

*Collecting, preserving and sharing the histories of the Badger Army Ammunition Plant and the Sauk prairie.* Old Acid Area 2007.JPG