Re: Liberal Campuses?

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:59:01 -0600

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:59:01 -0600
Subject: Re: Liberal Campuses?
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Iım particularly interested in this just now, as Iım serving on a UW System advisory group on the liberal arts. Part of the initiative is for the various campuses to advocate for the liberal arts/liberal education with their constituents/communities. I pointed out at our last meeting (post 11/2) that the election outcome had strong implications for what weıre considering. After all‹the nation didnıt VOTE for the ³liberal arts² candidate. How do we expect to be heard? I think the individual campus groups need to be aware of how the counties around them voted in the election‹not to bring it up directly, but simply to know their audience . .
.

I welcome ideas and comments from SFPJ members, either to the list or to me privately.

Thanks--

Kate Hale English