Re: Peace Visibility

Richmond, Rick (rrichmon@uwec.edu)
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:36:23 -0600

Subject: FW: Peace Visibility
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:36:23 -0600
From: "Richmond, Rick" <rrichmon@uwec.edu>

________________________________

To: Local and Regional Peace Contacts

From: Bethany Jacobson-Flieger [mailto:bj-flagpeacework@triwest.net]

During the past few months of standing with the Women in Black, and the Eau Claire Peace Coalition, I have been truly amazed at the amount of apathy, denial, and avoidance of the peace message. In my opinion, further visibility in the Eau Claire area would be beneficial.

Because I commute M-F from Osseo, it is difficult (and expensive!) to make a sixth trip into Eau Claire to stand with the WIB on Saturdays. I am proposing a Wednesday evening Peace VISIBILITY session from 4:30-5:30 on Wednesday on the Corner of Bracket and Hwy 53. If someone has another busy corner they would like to suggest, perhaps we could alternate sites. 1st and 3rd Wed on Bracket and 2nd and 4th Wed. on
???. Visibility as opposed to protest, meaning respectful of passers-by, but not necessarily non-partisan, nor silent. The goal being to get people to think and look for more information for themselves!

I would be willing to print and bring extra signs, as well as additional information which could be given to people who may be interested in it. It is truly burning within me to get more people aware and involved. I would like to start next Wednesday, January 5. Please pass this information on to your groups and other contacts. Let's see if we can begin to create a larger influx of people willing to stand up for peace and be involved.