RE: Speakers

Glenn, Larry R. (GLENNLR@uwec.edu)
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:23:29 -0600

Subject: RE: Speakers
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:23:29 -0600
From: "Glenn, Larry R." <GLENNLR@uwec.edu>

Hi,

Just another update. I contacted Will Fantle and he will not be available on the dates of the Teach-In to help with a session on economic costs of the war. He suggested the www.costofwar.com site has additional information beyond a straight cost of the war, such as comparisons to buying health insurance for uninsured children, etc.

The pie chart from www.warresisters.com <http://www.warresisters.com/> is a good analysis of cost of the military and I can duplicate and explain that.

Larry Glenn

-----Original Message----- From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Hale, C. Kate Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 3:14 PM To: SFPJ Subject: Speakers on Iraqi civilians

Colleagues,

Plans are developing for the March teach-in. We have discussed the importance of including a session on the impacts of the war on Iraqi civilians; two speakers we had hoped might be able to do that-Mike Miles and John LaForge-have scheduling conflicts. Does anyone on the list have suggestions for someone who could speak to this issue?

Obviously, if we could get Kathy Kelly to come, that'd be great . . . . Or if a panel of resident experts could speak to the situation from different disciplines . . . .

Ideas, suggestions-volunteers?

Thanks.

Kate

C. Kate Hale, Ph.D. Department of English halecl@uwec.edu 715-836-0148

"One is not born into the world to do everything but to do something."

Henry David Thoreau