RE: Psych counseling for returning military

Bakker, Marcie (MBAKKER@cvtc.edu)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:16:12 -0600

Subject: RE: Psych counseling for returning military
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:16:12 -0600
From: "Bakker, Marcie" <MBAKKER@cvtc.edu>

As my "adopted son" had PTSD when he returned last spring and tried to commit suicide, I have had some experience with this issue. The resources are limited in this area in my opinion. As he was with the Wis. National Guard, he was eligible for less help than full-time Army members. He did, and is, getting a lot of assistance at the VA in Mpls.
(Ft. Snelling). I believe there is some help available at the vet's clinic in CF. It makes a difference, of course, if the person has private insurance.

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Lyons, Arthur John Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 10:17 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Psych counseling for returning military

Hi. Does anyone know of resources in the Chip Valley for psych counseling for returning military personnel? Place, phone, anything?

Art Lyons