RE: Psych counseling for returning military

Thompson, Stacy R. (THOMPSSR@uwec.edu)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:32:50 -0600

Subject: RE: Psych counseling for returning military
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:32:50 -0600
From: "Thompson, Stacy R." <THOMPSSR@uwec.edu>

Luther Midelfort has a free service for military families, which makes me think that they might have one for military personnel as well. Here's the description of the family services, including phone numbers.:

About this Service

Families Cope Support Groups are a free service provided by Luther Midelfort for children and parents whose parents and partners are serving in the military.

The two "cope" support groups will be facilitated simultaneously for children and their parents.

The children's group is designed to help your child/children develop support from the community and to develop individual coping skills to help him/her with separation from a parent.

The adult group is designed to introduce you to other parents with a similar experience. This group will teach you how to cope with your own separation issue and how to assist your child with his/her separation issues.

Groups are facilitated by certified licensed psychotherapists.

Dates and Times Please call 715-838-5369 for starting dates and times.

Location Luther Hospital, Behavioral Health Clinic. Use Chestnut Street entrance, take elevator D to third floor.

-----Original Message----- From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu on behalf of Bakker, Marcie Sent: Mon 3/21/2005 12:16 PM To: Lyons, Arthur John; sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Psych counseling for returning military
  As my "adopted son" had PTSD when he returned last spring and tried to commit suicide, I have had some experience with this issue. The resources are limited in this area in my opinion. As he was with the Wis. National Guard, he was eligible for less help than full-time Army members. He did, and is, getting a lot of assistance at the VA in Mpls.
(Ft. Snelling). I believe there is some help available at the vet's clinic in CF. It makes a difference, of course, if the person has private insurance.

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Lyons, Arthur John Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 10:17 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Psych counseling for returning military

Hi. Does anyone know of resources in the Chip Valley for psych counseling for returning military personnel? Place, phone, anything?

Art Lyons