RE: Kick off for Fight Against Ban

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:41:18 -0600

Subject: RE: Kick off for Fight Against Ban
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:41:18 -0600
From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>

I would like to ask that SFPJ do something to cosponsor this JUSTICE action in Eau Claire. I am on the planning committee for the Hmong community banquet which starts at the same time tonight, but could we have links to printable materials and talking points from Fair Wisconsin on our sfpj website and agree to send to/talk to 5 neighbors? I think person to person is a good strategy. I am sorry we are forced to respond to a referendum that is so inherently UNfair and unjust, undemocratic and unconstitutional! With FAIR in spirit tonight.
  thanks to those who stood with the women of the world in solidarity last evening. There's still a LOT to do.
  ps: codepink got 103K signatures. http://www.womensaynotowar.org/
~karen

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Wesenberg, Nancy Christine Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:27 AM To: SFPJ Subject: Kick off for Fight Against Ban

I know there is a lot going on around campus this week, but I want to let any who don't already know about the Fair Wisconsin meeting tonight to kick off our fight against the proposed amendment to the Wisconsin constitution that would ban civil unions and gay marriage. A group of folks committed to fighting the ban are meeting this evening at 5:30 p.m. in the Memorial lounge of Christ Church Cathedral on the corner of Lake and Farwell Streets (side entrance). I believe the media have been invited and it would be very helpful if we could have a large group present to show support. If you have this hour free, PLEASE consider showing up. We need to show that many in Wisconsin are indeed fair-minded. Every time someone speaks up against this, it makes it easier for others to do so as well.
  Thank you.
  Nancy Wesenberg