RE: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"

Markgraf, Karl F. (MARKGRAF@uwec.edu)
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:19:29 -0600

Subject: RE: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:19:29 -0600
From: "Markgraf, Karl F." <MARKGRAF@uwec.edu>

The Center for International Education will lend its support to this, as well.
  I'll also talk with Johannes Strohschank to inquire if a show of support form Foreign Languages would also be in order.
  Karl
  Karl Markgraf, PhD Director, Center for International Education University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Eau Claire, WI 54702 Tel: 715 836 4411 Fax: 715 836 4948

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu on behalf of Wahome, Kimamo Sent: Fri 3/24/2006 11:24 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Petition for Worldlinktv: "Television without borders"

Would there be interest in starting a petition to get Charter Communications to add Worldlinktv.org/ to their channel line-up for this area? For those of you who are familiar w/Worldlinktv, it is a true burst of progressive fresh air at a time when the airwaves are suffused
& polluted by right wing nuts & their propaganda. Worldllink's motto,
"Television without borders," should tell you a lot about what to expect. Plus, the best part about worldlinktv is just how comprehensive their programming is: Comprehensive coverage of world news to documentaries to world music to world culture & world history. For those of you for whom this is foreign, (pun fully intended.......!) feel free to peruse information about the channel at: worldlinktv.org.

If there is enough interest, I'll gladly start a petition & circulate it. Obviously, the # signatures we can garner up is directly proportional to the petition's likelihood of success. So, we may have to get family, friends & colleagues to endorse the petition. Perhaps we can strengthen the case for offering worldlinktv by getting some departments on campus, such as the Colleges of Arts & Sciences, to endorse the petition?

Thanks & your thoughts are most welcome

Good day,

Kimamo wa Wahome