Eberth Alarcon Benefit - this Friday (10/13)

Kate Hinnant (hinnanks@uwec.edu)
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 22:24:56 -0500

From: Kate Hinnant <hinnanks@uwec.edu>
Subject: Eberth Alarcon Benefit - this Friday (10/13)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 22:24:56 -0500

This upcoming Friday, the Math and English Departments are sponsoring

a benefit in honor of Eberth Alarcón. Money that we raise will help

Asha Sen defray medical and related expenses. The benefit will begin

at 7:30pm on the second floor of Stella Blues (306 East Madison St.). A suggested donation of $10 may be given at the foot of the stairs. Live music will include the Jones Tones, Clearwater Roots Fusion, one of Eberth's longtime friends on acoustic guitar, and others. There will be a cash bar.

We also have a silent auction planned. Because of the extraordinary nature of the donations we have received, we would like to make it possible for you to bid on items even if you are unable to attend the

event. You will see what I mean by extraordinary when you view the auction catalog at the following URL:

http://naranjadia.blogs.com/benefit/

We will continue to add items to the auction catalog throughout the week. If you are unable to attend on Friday and wish to bid on an item, please contact Mary Weil at mw2085@charter.net with your bid information.

If you would like to donate without bidding on an auction item and can't attend the event Friday, there are several options:

     * A check can be mailed to the English Department Office, Attn: Judy or delivered directly to Judy in the office on the 4th floor of Hibbard.

     * A donation can be made by credit card by calling the Foundation Office at 836-2637 or submitting your information via their secure webform:

https://www.uwec.edu/donations/cardvalidation/

You can either specify that you restrict your gift to the Help Fund
(#1733) or the Eberth Alarcón scholarship. Asha has indicated that

she will put any leftover money from the Help Fund toward the scholarship.

Thanks, Kate Hinnant English Department