Re: March and Rally for Peace and Justice Thursday October 26, 2006

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:54:52 -0500

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:54:52 -0500
Subject: Re: March and Rally for Peace and Justice Thursday October 26, 2006
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Bob/SFPJ Colleagues,

This date overlaps with the annual WWHEL (Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership) conference in Madison, so I will not be able to participate as I have in many past events. I hope others from SFPJ will be able to rally and to speak.

In Solidarity,

Kate Hale English

From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:39:32 -0500 To: <sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu> Conversation: March and Rally for Peace and Justice Thursday October 26, 2006 Subject: March and Rally for Peace and Justice Thursday October 26, 2006

Greetings, All, Friends and Colleagues, SFPJ:

    At our planning meeting a little while ago for this upcoming event we discussed the need for members of all progressive groups committed to peace and justice on campus and in the community to designate and send representatives to speak, or perform, on the 26th. We discussed the fact that it would be especially helpful to have faculty and staff people, who are used to public speaking--and performing--do so. We would like speakers
(or performers) from sfpj to step up for each of the following issues:
  1. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Bush Administration's Militarist-Imperialist Stance and Practice in General
  2. Universal, Affordable Health Care for All
  3. Civil marital equality
  4. Rejection of capital punishment

  None of this has to be very long--no more than five minutes maximum. Please let me know if you are able and willing to speak to one of these issues (or perform something). And please do give it serious consideration.

  Also please try to make this a large turn-out of faculty and staff, if at all possible. Last time around, on the 5th, for the World Can't Wait march and rally, many students and community members in attendance asked me where were all the progressive faculty (and staff). Let's show people that we are committed and engaged on these issues.

  Thank you.

  In solidarity,

  Bob Nowlan

  Remember the March and Rally for Peace and Justice, starting and ending at the UWEC Clock Tower, Thursday October 26, 2006 at 11:30 am. Please continue to spread the word widely--and encourage people to participate. Encourage your friends, colleagues, and students!

  Anywhere,
  any place or road,
  There was you.
  So I came back.