Vote Suppression Dangers in 2006

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:05:53 -0600

Subject: Vote Suppression Dangers in 2006
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:05:53 -0600
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

A link to a useful discussion of this topic from today's episode of
_Democracy Now_, hoted by Amy Goodman. The more I look into this phenomenon--recent past and present--the more disturbing I find it. It's important for progressive, concerned citizens to pay careful attention, and demand careful scrutiny, of prospective vote suppression and manipulation if, when, and where it should arise this time around. If not, then this practice will be virtually institutionalized across wide sections of this country, and those responsible for it will be emboldened yet further to distort 'democracy' to suit their
_anti-democratic_ ends, and interests:

  And it's worth remembering that this _could_ happen in Wisconsin too.

  Bob Nowlan

  Anywhere,
  any place or road,
  There was you.