WHYS Community Radio 'Rent Party' (Pledge Drive)

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:41:13 -0600

Subject: WHYS Community Radio 'Rent Party' (Pledge Drive)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:41:13 -0600
From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>

Greetings, Friends, SFPJ, PSA:

    I just want to put in a little plug for our progressive community radio station, WHYS, 96.3 FM, during the period of time where we are conducting one of our twice-a-year on-air fundraisers, which we call
'rent parties' (and which are similar to public radio pledge drives, yet looser and more fun). Our current rent party is running from November 1-November 11. During that time we encourage people to call in with donations, of any amount people can afford, to help support what we're doing, and to keep us moving forward (we depend on listener donations to support our all-volunteer, independent, alternative, progressive, non-commercial, non-profit community effort)--and we welcome and encourage people to come down and spend some time with us at the station, looking around, hanging out, talking with us, listening to music, and even talking a little on the air too if you want to do so in support of WHYS and our broadcasting. So keep us in mind during this period of time; we can certainly always use your help--we're working together for the same progressive ends and in support of the same progressive interests. And here's our address:

        The station is located at 405 South Farwell, Suite 23, in the Kappus Building, Downtown Eau Claire, right across from the main bus terminal and metered parking lot. Enter the door to the Kappus building to the North, closer to the Farwell and Main intersection. The station is at the top of the stairs on the second floor. Once you've reached the second floor landing turn right, and, at the end of a short hallway, the right-most door you are facing is the door to WHYS Radio. A mailbox identified as the headquarters of Northern Thunder is on the outside wall immediately to the right of the station door. We will have the door unlocked and open for you, as well as signs posted on the front of the building and inside the building directing you to WHYS Radio.

        Our phone number is (715) 831-WHYS--> That's (715) 831-9497

During these eleven days we'll be having people at the station pretty much all day every day from 8 am to 12 midnight. So feel free to call--and/or to drop by. And drop by even if you can't afford right now to lend us any financial support; we'll be glad to see you. And I myself will be at the station tonight pretty much from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am (during my friend Sean Murphy's show--"Insurgence").

  All the Best,

  Bob Nowlan General Manager, WHYS Community Radio, 96.3 FM, Eau Claire

  Anywhere,
  any place or road,
  There was you.
  So I came back.