LT

Weil, Michael R. (weilmr@uwec.edu)
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:00:18 -0600

Subject: LT
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:00:18 -0600
From: "Weil, Michael R." <weilmr@uwec.edu>

I just got off the phone with the Leader Telegram and cancelled my subscription. I believe I was speaking to the advertising manager who was very defensive and said they were obligated to run the ad because they had no previous policy. When I spoke to the issue of this being an ad in poor taste, etc. she got quite defensive but did mention that they now have a policy not to run such ads on the sleeve. She indicated that they have been swamped with calls today complaining about this (and I assume canceling subscriptions).
  I hope many others will make similar calls. Michael

****************************************** Michael R. Weil, Ph.D. Associate Dean College of Arts and Sciences University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Eau Claire, WI 54701 715-836-2025 (phone) 715-836-3292 (fax)