Re: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:57:17 -0600

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:57:17 -0600
Subject: FW: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Well this is satisfying . . . Now, if the election results will just cooperate . . . . Starting with Wisconsin . . .

Kate!

PS: The end of that elliptical ³sentence² is: ³then THIS will have been a great day on which to have turned 50.²

------ Forwarded Message From: Sarah Harder <harderss@uwec.edu> Organization: National Peace Foundation Reply-To: <eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:52:03 -0600 To: <eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com> Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

I phoned as well and was told that as a result of all the calls, the Leader-Telegram, which did not previously have a policy on paid wrappers with political advertising, has just adopted one saying political ads of this type will not be accepted in the future.

Sarah Harder President, National Peace Foundation 666 11th Ave. NW Washington DC 20001 202-783-7030
  Home Office: 716 W. Grand Ave. Apt. 103 Eau Claire, WI 54703 715-831-9193

From: eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com [mailto:eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandy Endle Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:21 PM To: eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

I just exercised my non-violent communication skills. I cancelled the paper.

Sandy Endle

> "I shall be telling this with a sigh
> Somewhere ages and ages hence:
> Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
> I took the one less traveled by,
> And that has made all the difference."
>
> Robert Frost's, "The Road Not Taken"

> From: "Bakker, Marcie" <mbakker@cvtc.edu>
> To: <eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram
> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:33:53 -0600
>
> I will cancel my subscription.

On
> Behalf Of Mary Weil
> Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:30 AM
> To: eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Fw: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram
>

> Below is a string of messages with another group. I wonder if WIB is
> interested in taking a stand?
>

> The sticky note was at least on the paper and an obvious ad. Anyone shou
ld
> differentiate that note from being the paper's political view. The packag
ing
> from last night appears to represent the paper. A friend on Marston did
not
> have a wrapper on her paper last night.
>

> How many are willing to take a stand and call and speak to someone and ca
ncel
> subscriptions, at least temporarily? If only a few do it, nothing good
will
> come out of this. We can do it with non-violent communication skills.
>

> This should not be a Democrat's issue but an issue for all who want ethic
al
> media. Do we grow weary of apathy?
>

> Mary Weil
>>

>> Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram
>> My paper also came yesterday with a sticky note attached asking me to vo
te
>> for Dillon for Sheriff, so apparently others are doing this as well.
N. W.

>> Colleagues,
>>
>> You may recall that the Leader-Telegram refused any letters commenting o
n the
>> Republican pull-out from the debate at South Middle School . . . How sh
all
>> we ³read² this action?
>>
>> Kate
>>

>> The Leader Telegram just came in a huge brightly colored plastic bag
>> promoting Republicans. It is sponsored by the NRA. It will lead many p
eople
>> to believe that the paper is promoting the Republican ticket.
>>
>> I called and was told it is just plain and simple, a paid advertisement.
>>
>> I think it is appalling. Maybe if enough of us call, someone will think
>> twice about this.
>>
>> How many of the public will believe this is promoted by the LT rather th
an an
>> ad?
>>
>> Mary Weil
>>
>> ------ End of Forwarded Message
>

> Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
> <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2749??PS=47575>
__._,_.___

  Middle east calling card
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjMTFpMzFzBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBF9wAzEE Z 3JwSWQDOTkzMjcyNQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3NTkzMzUEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExNjI5NDA1 N zc-?t=ms&k=Middle+east+calling+card&w1=Middle+east+calling+card&w2=Hair+los s
+cause&w3=Middle+east+phone+> Hair loss cause
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjYWYycnQ4BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBF9wAzIE Z 3JwSWQDOTkzMjcyNQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3NTkzMzUEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExNjI5NDA1 N zc-?t=ms&k=Hair+loss+cause&w1=Middle+east+calling+card&w2=Hair+loss+cause&w 3
=Middle+east+phone+card&w4=P> Middle east phone card
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjamJsZDVhBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBF9wAzME Z 3JwSWQDOTkzMjcyNQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3NTkzMzUEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExNjI5NDA1 N zc-?t=ms&k=Middle+east+phone+card&w1=Middle+east+calling+card&w2=Hair+loss+ c ause&w3=Middle+east+phone+ca>
  Peace dollars
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjdjFnZXJkBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBF9wAzQE Z 3JwSWQDOTkzMjcyNQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDU3NTkzMzUEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExNjI5NDA1 N zc-?t=ms&k=Peace+dollars&w1=Middle+east+calling+card&w2=Hair+loss+cause&w3= M iddle+east+phone+card&w4=Pea> Peace silver dollar

 Change settings via the Web
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eauclairewib/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdWttYjA2BF9TA z k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzk5MzI3MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0b m dzBHN0aW1lAzExNjI5NDA1Nzc-> (Yahoo! ID required)
 Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest
<mailto:eauclairewib-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>
| Switch to Fully Featured
<mailto:eauclairewib-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Fully Featured>
  Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eauclairewib;_ylc=X3oDMTJkam4ydGwzBF9TAzk3Mz U 5NzE0BGdycElkAzk5MzI3MjUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdG l tZQMxMTYyOTQwNTc3> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use